C++, Game, Unreal
We are looking for a Lead Unreal Engine 4 Developer with strong expertise in computer graphics development, a primary focus on UE4 based development (C++ and Blueprints) and previous experience of developing games or apps within Unity (C#).
You will be working in a close-knit multi-disciplinary team consisting of 3D artists, game programmers and engineers creating immersive interactive experiences based on the latest sensor and display technologies.
Our small and focused team develop interactive experiences for a wide range of environments such as 360-degree projection rooms, large-scale LED and projection walls as well as AR and VR headsets. Our experiences can be seen in public spaces such as airports, stores etc. and is frequently used to promote some of Sony Pictures’ most well-known IPs in theaters as well as on red-carpet events.
In the role as Lead UE4 Developer you will be responsible for imagining new concepts and experimenting with mixed reality experiences, creating prototypes within Unreal Engine and evaluating them. The role will allow for creative independence, giving you the freedom to realize your own ideas and find your own approach to solving problems. Since the role requires physical testing, you should be comfortable working with hardware and performing tasks such as swapping out PC components, recalibrating sensors and rerouting cables.
· Ability to lead a team of experienced developers and artists
· 10+ years of graphics-oriented development
· Extensive knowledge of Unreal Engine, C++ and blueprints
· Proficient C++ programmer
· Previous experience of developing games or apps within Unity
· Experience in VR/AR development
· Ability to create and develop effects that wow our customers
· Good understanding of interaction design and user experience
· Good knowledge of English
· Creative mind – Brings exciting ideas and new ways to wow people
· Always striving for perfection – Loves to “turn every stone”
· Ability to think creatively and resolve technical challenges
· Artistically as well as technically inclined
· Excellent communication skills, on both a technical and creative basis
Good to have:
· Interest for visual art
· Adobe Suite expertise such as Photoshop, After Effects etc.
· Ability to travel at least 2 weeks per year